In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Xfresh Archive: Bringing Dad Home...

Location: The south end of a northbound camel
Mood-of-the-day: Hungry-tired-dizzy-anxious-cold-etc... Not necessarily in that order

I'm at school; imagine that. I'm not supposed to be at school right now. I'm supposed to be lying in a horizontal position on a soft surface, counting imaginary fluffy species of bovine and breathing soft blown cooling oxygen from the building's exterior through a large controllable wall inlet. Instead, I'm stuck at the triatery educational system and writing bombastically descriptive nouns that, without it, could have simplified this paragraph to only 4 lines or less.

Ahh well, yesterday was pretty much the same as to day, save that left home earlier in the morning. My dad finally called to confirm flight number and arrival time. He didn't want to take the overly priced airport taxis and so it would be up to my mom to rescue from from being stranded in Tom Hank's the Terminal movie. I decided that I would like to come along, since there's nothing good on TV to loose attention to.

The three of us (lil' bro included) went out to A&W for dinner since my mom least wanted to wash cooking utensils after a car trip. My sis and bro-in-law didn't join us, mainly because fast foods are not good for his health. To suffer with him (though she's already skinny enough to put Sarah Jessica Parker to shame), my sis only ordered a root beer. Still, as I passed the drink to her room as she watched Malaysian Idol, I got a hunch who would be drinking 88.8% of it.

After dinner, my mom and me went to pick up my dad from KLIA last night. Or rather, we picked him up at about 1.00am today. In actual fact, I really didn't want to follow since it was so late but I was more afraid that my mom would accidently fall asleep on the wheel while driving and wreck the Kenari (it was only a month old! Have mercy on its first kilometers!).

It had almost been too much of a hassle. First, my mom's cellphone (a Siemens so outdated, it can't download ringtones!) kept dying out at every call for no reason other than the possibility of building an annoying attitude. We had to turn back just before the plus tol to pick up mine since I left it for my lil' bro, in case of emergency.

When my dad finally managed to get to us, it turned out that AirAsia had just got into dock earlier than expected. My dad would have to face 45 minutes of total boredom as my mom goes for a record as the most speed limits broken between Kt. D'sara and Sepang. My dad wasn't one of those cool hang-out guys, you know, the kind that knows what to do in an area full of shops but still short of a real shopping mall.

But despite the crazy, zig-zaging nighttime trucks, murderous speed demons and the hawk-eyed policemen with their fancy tow trucks outside the Arrival Gates full of cars, we managed to pick up the man-of-the-house before he turned into a rabid werewolf (seriously, I was trying to avoid 'one-of-those' nights). He smelled salty but thank god he washed the fishiness off him. One time he went to the East, he brough home shellfish and smelled bad sushi for 3 days.

Signed: *Ophie, just glad that her dad had a good time.