In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Evasive maneuvers

Location: Completely buried under piles and piles of pillows, comforters and blankets with only one peephole.
Mood-of-the-day: A chicken baked in a pie = Chicken pie.

The weird thing about having a fever is that you always felt very cold, yet you're sweating at the same time. I'm pulling out every available pillow; even spare ones from the unused bedroom. Soft pillows make good skin contact cover while tougher ones acts like a shield. Occasionally I'll make the peephole a little bigger to let more air in or smaller to keep the cold out.

Okay, the fever isn't the reason I'm making a fortress with pillows then draping the comforter and blankets all over myself. I was just being childish (Oooh-yeeeah!). My kidhood had a fine line between fact and fiction, which sometimes disappear entirely. I believed that if I didn't get undercover before midnight, a monster from the bathroom drain hole would creep out from under the door and, well, do whatever horrific nightmares worthy of a Calvin and Hobbes tragic poetry.

Wednesday morning I woke up groggily at 6.10am in a state of subconscious denial (I was having a dream about making a successful move on a certain crush. Now I'll never know how I did it). This semester I took an early morning class because it's the only one available. How early? Look at it this way. I haven't been up this early since getting to secondary school before the first bell rings. Hey, you teens might not think it's a big deal but oooh, just wait for your tertiary education.

The workstations so overflowing with people today. No surprise actually, since it's still e-registering week. These fresh blood had discovered the wonders of a PC lab and but they're treating it like the cyber cafes they gather their Warcraft armies in. Luckily for the strict firewall, there were no armies to gather, only limited course seats. The Registration's busted again and many had to get to the academic affairs to do it manually. Me? I'm not a new student. Go figure.

Before we continue, look at this link! That's right, you guessed it. Xfresh are trying to set a world record on how many bloggers they can kill by extreme suspense. And I'm about to be its first victim. Arrrggghhh!!! I could have shouted at the top of my lungs if my throat wasn't stinging pretty badly even in soft talk. Oh, and surrounded by 200+ people all scratching their heads about their own problems is daunting too.

Lastly, it's countdown! I am so ticking off the days going right up to the anniversary of my existence. No, it's not the moment of my conception (though the idea is intriguing. I'll slip it into the Chaos Circles story). At approximately 5.39pm on Saturday, 17th September 1984, a Normal baby girl weighing 3.27kg, about 48.6cm long and a head circumference of 35.2cm was born into the Abd. Samad family. Yup, that's me and all me. Umm, the last detail is sort of... debatable :P

Signed: *Ophie, approximately 19 years, 11 months, 14 days, 22 hours, 25 minutes and 43 seconds old on the dot.