In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Xfresh Archive: Merdeka Flu and Verbatim vs. Cats

Location: Under layers and layers of a giant onion
Mood-of-the-day: Like a new born Tamagochi

Acckk!! I'm down with the flu all over again. This can't be happening to me. This is Merdeka day! I should be out celebrating! I had planned on going back to Giant's Factory Outlet now that I got my allowance. Nik had just called and said she and her lil' sis are already waiting at school (closed for the day obviously). When I answered, she thought my bro was on my cell phone. Stupid deep sore throat voice!! Well, I'm not the only one with the flu today (though the other people in particular possessed a different kind of flu).

Still flushed with Terrengganu batik shopping, my mom and sis went to KL so that the later can prove of cheaper, better and more suitable styled headscarves. Terrengganu's patterns are different because their batik is colour-schemed elaborate and so compensated with simple headscarves. KL women are executives and wear coats, shirts and simple pants/skirts. So shops in KL sold beaded and flowery headscarves, which what my mom was looking for.

Well, that explains why it had been so difficult to call my mom's cell phone. She was happing a damn good time!! Okay, so jealousy isn't going to get this sandpaper out of my voice box (unless you guys could prove the remedy's a clean cure). The married ladies came home with green and purple beaded cloths and silk-like material and headscarves. Now all we need is a trip to Kampung Baru to our tailor of 20 or so years.

So what do I do other than watch TV about flowered floats floating by in their boats? Well, for starters, this blog entry wouldn't be written if I were doing something else. And soin between sentence structuring, I hatched a Merdeka baby. Let me introduce you to Verbatim, who's a species of alien race that lives only up to a month, if I feed and play with him well.

Damn, he closed his eyes during the shot!
A Tonmarutchi called Verbatim, after the registered name on my diskette.


Yup, I know whatcha thinking. This gal is sooo damn old-school games. I had the PC version of Tamagotchi since 1997 and had hatched over 14 aliens. Back then it was the 'it' thing, now it's lame out, but made it's having a comeback in a year or so, something about teaching your pet to look after a pet (obsessed people needed only apply). It'll be a snap. I mean like, hello? Look at my real pets!


They're still playing with it, though the position had switched.
Patchy, Dusty and the Bonsai Kitty Protest.


These guys, they're like the double screenings of Teenage Drama Queen. During the day, one sleeps indoors on a soft cushioned couch while the other took over the foldable Panasonic hammock chair outside. And at night, they fight over who gets to sleep in my room. As quoted in a list posted by none other than ddsaad, they're not bed hogs, they're mattress appreciators. Though that still doesn't answer who made the 'mistake' at the corner of my bed.

Signed: *Ophie, wishing a get-well cure is as easy as two instant injections as demonstrated by Verbatim