In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Gas-tronomic and PC Alive!

Location: In the classroom that smelled like a sloppy joe :P
Mood-of-the-day: *sing-song voice* “Hurry, hurry, hurry! Must be hurry... In a fast track world...”

Last night I felt so weird. As I got up, these was this sudden dizzy sensation in my eyes, you know, spots. And everything below my head seemed drained. It could have been the long sitting position in front of my PC as I tried to juggle some of the graphics drivers, a sudden shock of blood rush. On the other hand, it might even be slow blood rush. I’m notorious for low blood pressure (my mom, an aunt and first cousin got it too), but hadn’t felt that weak since I nearly passed out in secondary school.

Wished I hadn’t blab it out to my mom though. This morning she made the treat of breakfast sloppy joes (see previous September 17th and Unforeseen Tragedy). And she had the gall to make me pack one for lunch today (I’m notorious for skipping meals but I never seem to go under *ahem* kg). Wished she hadn’t talked me into it. Wished I hadn’t chosen to sit under a wall fan either. But I was 3 wishes too late.

My tutorial room isn’t really like those secondary school’s big and roomy, four-doors-open kinna class. It’s like an office, enclosed and air-coned. I didn’t realize my bag was a gas-tronomic bomb until I opened it to pick out a notebook. Suddenly, the whole class was filled with sloppy joe aroma. My imagination don’t extend too far in a few-feet by few-feet cube room so I can honestly say, everybody was trying to find the smell’s source. Even the lecturer (Pn. Noor Lees) stopped in chapter 3 presentation and said “Ooo, sedapnya bau.”

Lucky mom didn’t serve durians for breakfast :P.

PC Restoration Update: “It’s alive, it’s ALIVE!” wheee~eeeeee~! Alive alright, but not in a monster-Frankenstein kinna way (though maybe it might run much faster if it did mutated).

Looks like mom managed to get the hard drive to KLCC just in time, though by the moans of her tired feet, I’m thinking she didn’t just did a drop-off errand (rumours says that dad brought another fiction mystery). Sis and bro-in-law got the CPU guts back together again and the brain received a Windows 2000. Awesome! But I’ll have to re-download my old desktop theme.

Click to see a different background
Maybe I'll choose something like this...


At this moment, I’m downloading some drivers from the Internet. I managed to locate the sound card software driver in a box under1999 Jelita/Woman’s Weekly magazines (though ‘1999’ might also be the year of the magazines, but there was too many to check). But Nvidia’s Riva 128(TM) is online (it’s amazing the software driver’s still there!) but I got it covered. I tried playing Ahriman’s Prophecy without the sound card driver and it killed itself :P (stupid freeware).

Signed: *Ophie, eating her lunch sandwich outside the school building.