In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Monday, September 20, 2004

Low Yat Plaza Hunt!

Location: Where I’m watching the sunset screensaver
Mood-of-the-day: Scared of the Dark

Today’s the Day! I’ll be going back to KL to hunt for the elusive thumb drive. My personal PC maintenance crew had brought out the boot disk and got to work (without pay :P). The end result was that my sweetie’s hard drive is too old and corrupted to continue its work. Alas! Poor Seagate. I knew, Horatio...

At least I’ve saved my most important files inside my 20+ diskettes, that is, if I could ever figure out which contains what. So after an Astro laze-around, watching Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The one where Colin Mochrie grabs everybody’s dick), Dad, me and lil’ bro got ready to a Bintang Walk Part 2. This time, we take the KTM to KL Sentral.

Once we got to Low Yat Plaza, I felt like I was in Digital Heaven. They got everything in here. Motherboards, memory cards, video card, 3D card, pick-a-card-any-card, phone accessory, hard drives, thumb drives (I could continue forever but I’m not paid to advertise Low Yat Plaza :P). That was dedicated to the whole of 2nd floor (which I should mention, isn’t a very big floor).

And the games. All the latest in (pirated possibly) RPG, Simulators, FPS, Warcaft series, whatever all at the mere RM5. I used to cough up my breakfast on the counter before I could reach RM15 for a Myst series. Dad had to pull me kicking and screaming or else we’ll never get the drives search done in time for lunch. Even so, I managed to grab me an Emulator Set in the nick of time (got Pokemon Gold in it! :P).

My first B-day present was a 40GB Maxtor priced RM168. It was the absolute minimum made. When the Dad told them my Seagate was a 6GB, they practically fell over laughing (see how outdated we are?). Well, can’t blame a guy on a budget. We packed our fra~gile as we go on to Phase 2 of drive, which should be the size of, well, a thumb (okay, I know, bad pun :P).

This one was easy as we got it in the same place. A KingMax 256MB. Not I can go download Ahrimas’s Prophecy! And er, um, well, yeah~ some school work too, er well, like that multimedia movie, yeah, that’s right. Chores done, we go eat lunch at the LG food court. Not too bad actually. Lil’ bro had chicken rice and was sporting a soya bean milk moustache and gravy goatee at the same time.

The trip home was less pleasing. For his Turkey trip, Dad was searching for that Uzbekistan Airways office, he thought he saw while on the Monorail. We hiked all around the Bukit Bintang vicinity (and me without my jogging shoes *sigh*). And there it was, right next to the Imbi station! (could have taken the nice, air-con ride, eh?).

But the entire healthy jog was for naught for the office’s closed anyway (bleah!). As we waited at the Imbi station, Dad asked if I even knew where Uzbekistan anyway. Sure, it’s near Afghanistan, Pakistan, Hindustan and Satan. His reply was a ‘fatherly’ pat on the back that knocked the wind outta my lungs for a good 2 minutes.

Signed: *Ophie, who used this sneaky opportunity to play her new Pokemon Red only to find that everything’s in Japanese (Damn! :P)