In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Friday, September 10, 2004

Hairball, Megamall and Not Oil

Location: Using your bathroom for just a minute...
Mood-of-the-day: Do you MIND?

After dumping laundry into the washing machine like I always did, I started my second no-school day of the week by spinning Dusty as he laid on his side n the marble floor. Really cheap amusement, but the other alternative was to eat whatever’s left of breakfast and I was watching my weight better than watching the lil’ furball go round and round.

I spun him until my arm ached but the cat looked a lot worse. It was funny to see him tripped over his own 4 feet so many times. My mom, who treated the cats as if they’re her youngest kids, shooed me out of the kitchen with a broom for nearly causing ‘great distress to Dusty.’ Sheesh, lighten up mom. Dusty was well alright in a couple of minutes, though he may have given himself a few bumps on the head as he tried to walk through the walls.

Today is the day I get to go online without a firewall! Well, at least without the firewall imposed by my school (damn them for blocking out some of the best RPG games online). I’ve mentioned before that we got ourselves one of these new Telekom wireless phones for those who lacked a fixed line (which would be their fault!). But what follows was a string of confusion, double-digit price tags and still no Net.

Finally during the Megamall trip (see KTM to Mid Valley entry) there was a guy named Joseph from IT World who claimed he had customers with this problem all the time. We got ourselves a new 9-pin to USB cable so there’s no need for a converter. But problem still arose when we realized our Compaq’s didn’t have the right modem driver and so our surf ride to Information Superhighway led to a dead end even before we turn the ignition.

We called the guy again and he told us that the correct driver to access into the Internet, we can download the free Windows patch... from the Internet. That’s like asking a blind guy if he can see the painting. The dude corrected himself and gave us a doctor’s appointment on Saturday afternoon (September 11). Hope this time it works!

Speaking of things that works, the Proton’s problem was found and fixed (see Who jinxed me? entry). The mechanic found the petrol tank, brake oil, gear oil and power steering all intact. It turned out that it wasn’t an oil line that got burst, just gas from the air-con’s cooler. It’s not flammable thank goodness, just looks oily. And we just got the Proton’s air-con fixed (I’m demanding a refund!).

So we both drove back home, me tailing my dad because I dunno this part of Subang Jaya. He drove like a grandfather (even my grandfather drives his Kancil better than that) but I rather not out drive him before he had a chance to test the Proton out himself (dad’s a retired Benz/Mazda salesman so he knows what makes a car, a car). IMHO, I think everything’s just right. Of course I’ll say that because I’ll need it to get to school tomorrow :P.

Signed: *Ophie, who found and fixed her Blogspot problem