In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Here types a Student, a Young Adult and a Blogger Freak...

Location: Super-crowded unitar workstation, pc-next-to-the-men's-bathroom
Mood-of-the-day: Was there an All-You-Can-Eat-Bean-Buffet-For-Unitar-Guys last night? Ewwww!!

I woke up Monday morning feeling like, well, Monday! Okay, bad pun. Gravity must be pushing hard on my head even as I write this. It took me 5 whole minutes to find my glasses; damn I need an extra new pair.

What glasses you asked? Well, for those of you who have met me at the Xfresh gatherings and saw my Redang pic, I always wear my contacts in public (see my inverted pic above). Except at school, it's a drag to put these tiny fragile lenses on every morning.

I always get delusional when half of my head is still in dreamland, so my mom popped up while I was dumping laundry into the washing machine.
"Eh, are you talking to yourself again?" she asked.
I didn't realized I was saying oh my head, my back, my throat, my etc aloud.

If this were the middle of the day, it would have really been embarrassing, even with my mom. But true to my dizzy-mornings, I did an idiotic dance jig along as I sang (no pics included, sorry).
"Mabuk pagi-lah, mak..." I sang.
My mom just shrugged it off and replied before she left.
"Mabuk pagi is for pregnant ladies-le."
Mak!! I'm soo not. My BM just isn't as good as my English at 7.25am, but I'll work on it!

My school's having an Online Tutorial day (OLT). Unfortunately, My Telecommunications lecturer is a new guy in this OLT thingy. Plus, having one on the second week of school (a Monday class moreover) equals only 7 students attending in a 22-students class. I login, I saw, I was alone, like in an Xfresh chatroom (hehe~).

The lecturer suspected that some might have thought it was a face2face class so he asked if I could hop in there and see. Do I look like a messenger? Apparently, the teach'r wasn't equipped with a Net cam and pretty much students just barely outranked messengers anyway. Yup, found a full house and herded them to the workstation. Take note that I'm not getting any extra credit for this.

I came home pretty late (blame the LDP!) but it looked as if there's more work to be done. True to his words, my dad did go back to Mid Valley Megamall for that 9-pin-to-USB cable. We've been having so much trouble with this little baby. You see we got this Telekom wireless phone but turned out that we don't have the proper cable. When now he finally got the cable, the Windows went, like, 'Hardware cannot be identified.'

What the heck?! After all that, and we still can't go on to the Internet. And that was the first issue my dad placed on me the moment I stepped into the house. Why ask me? I'm in IT, not Computer Science. Ask my sis! She's the graduate one! Unfortunately, my sis wasn't around to be bothered by her blood-related family members (she's with another family to take care of) and my mom's PC skills are like the Binary Code next to MS C++ 6.0.

Sigh. The problem's really simple though, the solution's that's a bummer. We need Telekom's help...

Signed: *Ophie, a pregnant act, a messenger, and a mistaken-for-a-technician all in one day...