In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Monday, September 06, 2004

KTM to Mid Valley

Location: A genie in a bottle, capable of doing anything.
Mood-of-the-day: Terms and conditions apply.

This was supposed to be one of those lazy Sundays where I can spend the entire daylight hours without ever stepping out of this bedroom. Unfortunately, the post of night-creeping mysterious creature that raids the refrigerator at the stroke of midnight had already been taken by my bro. So instead, I'll be the day-creeping creature that raids the refrigerator AND the cupboard at the height of noon (unless, of course, somebody brought pizza).

As each family member reads quietly of his or her own piece of the New Strait Times or the Star, my dad commented that we've never tried the new KTM Mid Valley (apparently, he was reading about it). I thought, why bother using it if we're not going anywhere for real. In the past, dad's idea of a train trip means once we get there, we get right back on the train. There, now we all can say that we've 'tried' the Mid Valley KTM.

This practise was suspected and sis voted Nay (she probably got other, more exciting plans). My mom was too busy with the story of a Harry Potter character being based on the author's ex-husband that she had become the neutral one. I agreed only if there are more than two people going. And so from inside the window of the storeroom adjoining the kitchen, a voice that was just simply passing through cried 'Aye!'

Four adult tickets and a train full of armpit-smelling people later, a man, his wife, his youngest son and the person who's writing this entry right now as she questions her biological links, hopped off to a brand new station next to the Megamall. The last person who's been here was I (see My Experience @ Mid Valley entry) so I was expected to lead the way to the Food Junction for lunch.

One of the plans of being here was to get lil' bro a new pair of walking shoes from Bata. It's a difficult feat by itself because he has no idea how to decide his own shoes. He dislikes anything too fancy, too simple, too grey, too red, too expensive, too thick, too fat, too heavy, too pretty, too white, too whatever. He didn't even try any on. On the other hand, it was never really planned but I got me a pair of new Powers! :D

Since dad had started reading fiction again, a trip to MPH was a must-must. Finally got me book one of the Farseer's trilogy while da man himself got Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. A mystery-loving guy, now I know what to get for his birthday in December. Not that I actually planned to save money, oh all right! Pretty much it's been written and so shall it be done :P.

We went back exactly the same way we got there, except this one was emptier and got better seats. Now at home, I hadn't really done much reading since I'm right here at this PC working on this entry (but I will soon!). Mom served the biryani rice and fried chicken into our regular bowls and looked as if she cooked them, instead of the Raya Arif Hindus. Cheater... :P

Signed: *Ophie, wants to go to a thousand years of sleep