In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Friday, September 03, 2004

SPM spoof, bro's car and gone is the flu!

Location: Go to any police station and see if they got a pic of a speeding blue Proton
Mood-of-the-day: Getting out on the Highway!

Okay, actually I'm just on the LDP and there's already full of cars. It's noon right now. I've just spent a morning of the usual boring chores as you would if you're the only offspring capable of handling all the options of a dishrag within screaming range of two old people. But getting the topic back on the LDP, I was driving in and out of roads between every kind of traffic known to man because I'm felling WELL!

That's right, flu's gone! Woke up Thursday morning and all the banging stopped (Yeah, Panadol!). I still got a sore throat and won't be gone till a bit while longer but it'll definitely go. I can eat spicy foods, drink cold water and breathe without whistling through my nose. I can jump out of a plane flying hundreds of feet in the air equipped only with a red polka-dot umbrella while wearing Malaysian flag theme pyjamas and aiming to land in my bunny slippers on the bridge between the Twin Towers.

Okay, maybe not that one. If such a thing were capable, it'll probably be worthy of an SPM subject. Lil' bro's having his trials now, got his schedule paper set. It looked exactly like my SPM schedule 3 years ago. And some of the subjects are still as bizarre, Pengeluaran Ternakan, Kerja Bata and Menservis TV (do you get extra points or lose points if you've hacked into Astro's channels?).

My Form 5 class used to joke all about it, adding all kinds of even more bizarre SPM subjects like Circus Maintenance, Toilet Hygienic, Gossip Knowledge, Crocodile Wrestling, Movie Puppetry and *ahem* Sex Expertise. FYI, the last one was suggested by a guy, not me :P.

Soon after dropping off the lil' bro home, the older bro wanted me to send him to Pencala so that he can get back his car. A few weeks ago, some idiot on a 4x4 rammed his legally parked, perfectly shaped, deep blue Proton and ran off, my bro's. He got a police report done (thanks to his friend armed with a camera phone) but it still won't get the bumper instantly back to it's original size.

When we got there, it turned out that the manual engine bluey wasn't ready until 6.00pm, but bro's gotta be at work by then. So it's my second time on the LDP today, a little farther up a bit, just after Sunway Piramid. The traffic's terrible, but at late afternoon on the Klang Valley, yeah equals predictable. The last time I was alone at Subang Jaya, took me a good-sized run-around (I don't read map and have bad sense of direction).

Got home just ten minutes before the return of the gallivanting parents, who's been gallivanting around Carrefour (Damn! They could have just dropped big bro off along the way). My dad had just finished the Da Vinci Code book and was commenting about almost every chapter. This was unusual because my dad never bothered to try any kind of fiction novel, which he lovingly labelled them as 'cerita mengarut'. Now at least I have one 'cerita mengarut' we can karut together.

Signed: *Ophie, who now knows perfectly how to get to Sunway Piramid by da road!