In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Holiday Archive: Onward to KLCC!!

Location: Outside porch with Ayah's laptop
Mood-of-the-day: Sore butt, sore throat, sore head, sorry... :P

Oh man, I woke up this morning 3 hours earlier than my usual with, well, everything you see in my Mood-of-the-day. I forgot to mention blurry, teary eyed though (I've typed this far with only one hand! The other is massaging my back). I must have slept in a twisted position to wake up from the twisted side of my twisted bed after a twisted dream (and mouth open twisted). Okay, that might be an exaggeration, especially when I'm feeling much better right now.

And you know why I'm feeling better? Because this is the night I rule the House! Yes, no parents, no rules, no servitude. I can take advantage of their bathroom and have a full fluffy bubble bath. I can take the car and go everywhere I want. I can eat a full fat, double layered double cheesy-wheesy burger soaked in pepper sauce with fried onions, sliced pickles, a dash of hot English mustard and no veggies!

Speaking of cars, where my parent's going is exactly what cars are for, cruising down the new highway to Kuantan. My mom just wanted to test out the new highway stretch, just get a good feel to the webwork of roads in case we needed it to get to Pulau Redang. They left for the road this afternoon but I had already taken advantage since this morning by going on an LRT ride to KLCC.

Yes! Barely 24 hours after I sweated over what was the function call to retrieve text files in C++, I was back in KLJ for a train often taken. I loved shopping but I preferably wanted to shop alone on the first day of my school holidays. It's a Zen Shoppingsm thing. So to pass the half-an-hour as I sat in my orange plastic chair, I scored 2874 in my Nokia's Snakes and almost missed my exit.

Ahh, heaven! I went to Esprit and found this cute chic black top that was sweet on the waist, easy on the butt and hard on the price. In Reject, there's this really nice white long sleeved with patterns on the shoulders. But my headscarf killed the effect so I didn't go for it. I tried any available clothes and shoe stores than I could remember but eventually, I headed for the No. 1 - Kinokuniya.

I was looking for a book I desperately wanted to read, but it was never available in neither MPH nor Popular nor the Pay Less Books. It's a drag, I know, to take a trip all the way to KLCC with this one book in mind, but hey, I was desperate. The book had just come out in paperback. It's a sequel to Lightstone: The Silver Sword, as you can see on your right (if you've ever checked it out).

And there it was, the only David Zindell book in all 3 rows of Fantasy Section shelves. It's called the Lord of Lies, Book 2 of the Ea Cycle. I'll write a synopsis of it eventually. But right now, I'm enjoying my evil burger, wiping crumbs off my dad's laptop, alternating between typing out this blog and reading my brand new book (and trying not to get it dirty).

Signed: *Ophie, now at the part where the hero is deciding if he should bring along the slave-girl to the tournament