In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Holiday Archive: Return of the Cousins

Location: Liza Aini, South Corner of Smallest 1st floor Bedroom, No. 5 Jln Pekaka...
Mood-of-the-day: Rainbow, but mostly blue

Well, it's that period of time in the year again. Semester holidays. Yup, half a month = a fortnight = two weeks = 14 days and nights = 336 hours = 20160 minutes = 1209600 seconds. Oops, I mean 1209570 seconds. And now it's 1209540 seconds. Aaaah, I can't sit here and watch the countdown to zero. Actually I can, but it'll mean total mental and physical deterioration, which I'm saving for another activity that is almost exactly the same thing, except that it's more fun.

I'm getting mixed feelings about the holidays thingy. Half of me is having a party, food's on the house, everything's going crazy, jumping up, down and all around the cerebral cortex going (you know which ego) wheeeeeee~! Yet, there's some of me that's feeling tired and yet scared. One of the explanations for that scared and tired feeling is probably that half of me just wasn't invited to my party half.

Everything started nice enough. I managed to get home just in time to watch the last season episode of Charmed and found out that two of my fav cousins are coming to visit (I'm not just saying they're my favourite because they might be reading this blog :P). Ihsan had been studying in Michigan, USA, while Unah was the one who's been taking Japanese language.

To prepare for their arrival, my mom cooked up generous portions of fried mihun and fried chicken. To avoid eating it, I was able to persuade my dad and lil' bro to take a trip to Ikano Power Centre to enjoy a simpler, more modest (and damn nicer!) snack of Ikea's famous hot dogs. It was a not-so-bad judgement for I had forgotten that it was a Sunday. The crowded queue was so long that once I got my order of 3 hot dogs, a soft drink and an ice cream, I checked with the calendar to see if 2008 Olympics had started yet.

The cousins and my aunt came at about 8pm, the same time my dad got home from the mosque. They brought along the young member of the extended family with them, lil' Abu. I remember Abu before he even opened his eyes. He had always been a very, very quiet guy, hardly every cried or made any kind of annoying baby noises. Now he's reached the terrible twos, and he just won't stop talking! He could only baby talk, but he mouth never shuts up all throughout the visit, even while eating the mihun.

Ihsan and Unah weren't around for my sis's wedding, so they took lots of peep into the wedding photos. They got lots of thing to catch up locally, like the Malaysian Idols, an actual visit to the Kt. D'sara House, who got married, who got operated, who got access to KLCC everyday and so-so. Unah had a blog too and she was quite active with it for a while. But she confessed that commitment to it just wasn't in her.

So pretty much, this was my Sunday, first of my semester holidays. I have no idea what to do that's really something, other than my writings. I have a lot of writing planned out that's more than just the blog, but even one of my most cherished hobbies can't hold me for long. But it'll be full of activity soon enough. My whole family's going to Pulau Redang. It'll be my first actual travelling holiday since I finished secondary school. I'll be sure to document and picture it!

Signed: *Ophie, who spent 0.1489% of her semester holiday to write this blog entry