In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Money Me

Location: Somewhere where a Maybank ATM is nearby.
Mood-of-the-day: Rich Little I-Want-Money Poor Girl

This is my confession: Money. Yeah, it’s not very original but it’s so damn true and such a big part of my life that it pretty much dictates every I do (and planned to do). Not that I’ve done anything illegal or anything. Okay, I did! And my dad was so mad that he told me I should stop going to primary school and might as well steal for a living (growing up with a salesman is forever tough).

Beg:
My current phase. There’s no shame in it, unless you go looking for loan sharks (then you’re just stupid and in big trouble). Currently I depend on everybody for financial reasons. My sis pays for my Maxis, my mom for the Astro, my dad for the Proton and everything else is a quick titbit and snatch here and there. If I needed anything extra, I’ll get down on my knees. I might have gotten a few stares when I did the act once at Ikano Popular Book store but hell, the trick worked!

Sell newspaper:
This is always a big joke in my House. There’s a special place specifically for me to pile together all the used paper to sell (except toilet paper, duh!).
“Liza, take all these at the back room or somebody might throw them away.”
“I got some used papers here, do you want them?”
“Quick, quick! It’s the old newspaper man.”
And when my mom checks and see how high the stack had grown, she’ll ask “Are we there yet?”
Truthfully, I can get RM20 in about 3 month’s worth (enough for a good lunch).

Diet:
Speaking of lunches, that’s the one thing I always not take. It’s the second meal of the day. My parents would give me lunch money just enough for Giant’s food court every week. And every week, I kept the cash in my purse. Okay so there are sometimes, I do enjoy indulging at Chicken Rice Shop or (very rarely) a Burger King. But mostly, I kept it accumulating. And Kak Liza de Tailor said that I’ve lost a good amount of weight (yay!).

Penny stupid:
Lastly is the most unproductive habit of mine. Unproductive, yet not too wasteful, because all it took was a cupboard space the size of a candy jar. I collect 1 cent coins. I have only about 600 of them (it could be 700, but I didn’t bother to count since the family moved house). I planned to go to the National Bank once I’ve collected about 10 jars or so (current number of jars: 1). Question is if the staff would exchange them for bigger cash.

If I’m so obsessed with collecting and spending money (like everybody else in this bling-bling world :P), why didn’t I get a job? Aaah, de moste commone questione. I can hear my dad now (Lazy girl, lazy girl, lazy girl...), which isn’t entirely false. I’m just not capable of juggling school and a job at the same time. Sometimes I regret not looking for work during my 3-month free time before tertiary education and it makes me feel retarded. Here to hoping my current system still works.

Signed: *Ophie, have been contemplating a job ad posted on her school’s general announcement, something about a cyber café.