In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Monday, September 27, 2004

Sunday: Morning, Noon and Night

Location: Unitar Workstation, pc 79
Mood-of-the-day: Feeling slightly better than yesterday.

Sunday began interestingly enough. For starters, mom cooked nasi lemak enough for the Chinese Red Army (or in this case, my family’s breakfast and lunch). She didn’t want to cook during midday because she and I planned to visit our favourite tailor, Kak Liza. Time to get come nice cloths to be turned into clothes. But I think the biggest reasonwas that she’s looking forward to the live telecast of Shanghai’s first Formula 1 race (F1 fanatic. Oooh, if I hear another scream of Coulthard, Coulthard... *grrr*).

Having nasi lemak for breakfast also means peanuts were served. Try as we might, Dad never could get his hands off these titbits despite doctors’ orders (at least he could have used a spoon). But it’s family orders that no cats are allowed on kitchen chairs, least the ones humans were trying to sit on (poor Patchy. Dad’s butt was almost the last thing he’d ever see, which is not a nice way to get squashed to death by IMHO).

Around noon, we set off to Jalan Kuching. Brought along an old, old kebarung for a guide (also made by Kak Liza in 199*). Mom insisted on the Light n’ Easy music all the way (fell in deep stupor, half-dreamed that Celine Dion was dancing with Barbra Streisand on Broadway). She shook me to full consciousness because I was supposed to memorize the roads in case I’ll ever need to get through all these KL roads.

Kak Liza stayed in one of these small new villages ever since her parents started the tailoring business (Dato’s and Datins regularly come a-calling). It’s a handcrafted industry al right, one that’s kept in the family and the half the village’s in it. While she turns beautiful cloths into kurung, kebaya, kebarung, kemeja, etc at a minimum 3 a day (even with beads), her sister across the street does the embroidery on edges and sleeves so good that boutiques rang on her phone.

On the way Home, we stopped by at Shakey’s Pizza to grab a leaflet menu. Yesterday got me buried under piles of old New Straits Times, the Star and Mingguan in a hunt for the delivery number. Damn new developing area! Pizza Hut and Dominoes are too much of an LDP drive away. In my quest for an ad (Internet could have been much easier but you know my problem), an avalanche of musty newspapers slides knocked me down flat.

When it comes to pizzas, I don’t ask, I demand. Liza Pizza, Pizza Liza. I learned what was a pizza before I knew my own name. Okay, maybe that was a fib that it might have been true. We ended up A&W for Saturday dinner (thanx, Kak Emma :P). But no leftover nasi lemak for Sunday dinner! Except for my bro, he hates anything with cheese and tomato sauce with a passion (that guy might never knew what’s he’s missing :P).

So we ate 3 regulars of Hawaiian Chicken, Beef Pepperoni and Mushroom Magick (weekend special offer = RM35.60) as we watched Gywneth Paltrow love her baby Apple (yeah, she named her baby ‘Apple’). And here I’m thinking that baby’s going to be a real forbidden fruit once she’s a teen. And Jude Law can break-dance, imagine that.

I dunno when the movie Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow but it might be interesting to watch. But can they name that title any longer? The Airborne Travelling Kakis-coloured Wardrobe People with an Army Titled Hero Flying Over Weird Island Before They Crashed and Got Stuck in a Survivor Rip Off with Many Dinosaurs Chasing Them in Full Sci-Fi Drama. Sheesh...

Signed: *Ophie, which pretty much, the story’s in the title itself.