In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Friday, October 01, 2004

Fire and Temper

Location: Fast-as-fast can be, you’ll never even get to see me! (Mainly because of the dust in your eyes :P)
Mood-of-day: Friday Workload Done!

Quite a few things were happening for this past week as I was trying to keep up with all the assignments and quizzes. For starters, it’s fire starter. My mom made tacos beef with all the trimmings (corn chips shell, tomatoes and lettice and 3 different kints of cheese). Mm-mmm! Would kill for one of those. Well, almost. Mom was frying the stuff when all of a sudden; she subconsciously decided that a little bonfire in the kitchen might be ‘interesting’ (Yeah, interesting. That the word).

-Let it burn, let it burn, gotta let it burn...- NOT! That was a good quality dirty cloth.
Evidence: Exhibit A of Nearly Burning Down House


To be fair, it was a real accident. Mom forgot to stir-fry some shitake mushrooms she got good price at Makro and was in a hurry to cook it in the wok before Fee-Fi-Fu-Fum brought out the Temper of an Angry Man. Small bit actually, but I wasn’t going to let a good dirty cloth go to ashes. Yay, me the Hero of the Day. She asked not to make a big deal out of it, which actually mean “Don’t need to write about it in your blog.” (which I did, apparently :P).

Ever since I told them about Suvon Reality, anything miniscully unusual always seemed to include a parental statement quote (“Will you write about this?” “Betcha she’s going to put this in her blog.” “Laa~, you don’t have to write, no need.”). Of course, not to put all guilt on one side (in case somebody’s reading this), the anything-miniscully-unusuals are often followed by my own comments beforehand (“I’m so going to remember this!”).

Speaking of the unusual, I’ve just realized that Unitar got one bad-ass lecturer (and I meant it in a good way). Yesterday (Thursday), out of the blue was this guy the size of Arnold Shuar Shwuaz Susah-nak-eja. Apparently, some 10+ people had signed up for a volunteering team project and only one person turned up that morning.

Something in his head (never figured out the lecturer’s name) might have thought it would be fun and effective to shout out those very names right in the middle of the Workstation at 3pm (one of most crowded hours). Sadly for him, only two of those named people stood, looking like mice caught in between a cat and a dead-end.

But the lecturer wasn’t lacking steam yet. With the demeanor of a drill sergeant, he complained loudly on how ineffective the school students were and that volunteering people should have turned up for volunteering on time.

From what I heard later on, the lecturer was one of those in charge of Student Affairs and Development (Aaahh, no wonder. Must have got tired of our ineffectiveness). Lucky for me, I wasn’t one of those ‘volunteering people’ (plus I was sitting on the far side). But since the tough lecturer’s in Student Affairs, it’ll would a matter of time before I’ll have to complete my Co-Curriculum course.

Signed: *Ophie, felt a bit sorry for the two ‘ineffective’ students being taken into ‘custody.’