In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Friday, October 15, 2004

T'was the day before Ramadan...

Location: Unitar workstation, pc-with-the-damn-fast-typing-gal
Mood-of-the-day: Hurry, hurry, workstation close early on Fridays!

This was how I spent my last free-eating day before Ramadan. I woke up after a bout of cat snapping at my toes. I dunno how he got into the room last night but I was pushing lil’ guy off when the phone alarm rang echoes in my head. Oh man. It’s a Free Day Thursday (which means that there’s no class to listen lectures to) but laundry ain’t going to wash by themselves.

Okay, I revise that statement. Laundry of people living in this semi-D that aren’t mine or lil’ bro’s or sis’ & bro-in-law’s do wash by themselves. Unfortunately, the laundry doesn’t seem to have a sense of hang out to dry on the clothesline by themselves though. And there was a second clean set too. So what could I do before breakfast. Hang them dry, but I had to be extra careful. The owner of these football shorts and jerseys and pants and shirts have an unhappy face toward mishandling. Heck, no wonder bro’s clothes wash by themselves.

I spent the rest of the morning hunting for limited hangers, thinking thoughtfully about the extra more hangers needed for parents’ laundry. Yup, that’s it. My parents are coming home Thursday night, just in time before fasting month. They’ve SMS-ed me while waiting for their flight in Istanbul airport. Apparently, they’ve SMS-ed each of their offspring with a cell phone because soon after, my bro called on me for two favours.

One was to place the Compaq laptop back in its old place and the other was to put one of dad’s good shirts back into his cupboard. It turns out that my bro had gone for an interview and used one of dad’s super executive shirts to look, well... executive-like! Problem was that he couldn’t remember which good shirt, but that was easy.

Dad’s retired but he still kept his shirts in creepy-clean condition. I say creepy because when I was careful to make it look as if the purple-blue had never left. Dad colour-coordinated all his business shirts from light to dark and all had neat turned collars and front must face to the left. The only mistake I did was hanger head-hook position, but dad didn’t seemed to have noticed that. Phew! Wow, listen to me talking about my dad’s shirts :P...

Parents got home by taxi. Most of what they’re brought were airplane food like buns and butter-jam packets and the After-Eight chocolates. Lil’ bro was in fits for After Eight chocolates ;). Dad also got this small branch cutting of some flower plant native to Turkey and was excited on potting it (have I mentioned he had a green thumb?). He had it wrapped in blue plastic and was going on about plant care and shelter. What went through my mind was that he smuggled a plant in his suitcase. Still, if it grew, we’ll have the only real Turkey flower in the neighbourhood.

Signed: *Ophie, who thanks her sis and her bro-in-law for the KFC dinner thay brought which made Ophie bloated at the last minute before Ramadan :D