In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Holiday Archive: One Utama Mall trip

Location: With a laptop, jumping out of a plane flying hundreds of feet in the air equipped only with a red polka-dot umbrella, wearing Malaysian flag theme pyjamas and aiming to land in her bunny slippers on the bridge between the Twin Towers.
Mood-of-the-day: Time for Hospital Bahagia medical check-up

This Saturday morning, I woke up with a full-fledged idea that I would tryout for a once-a-month Photoblog entry. I planned to take pictures of the main thing happening at that very moment starting at 8am today and do the same every two hours until 10pm tonight so that this entry would have 7 pictures, each with its own short excerpt to properly describe my day.

But I goofed! I only took one picture of Patchy, who was following me around the house for his good-purr-behind-the-neck-massage-scratching hour. I was reluctant to give him one since scratching his neck would take too long and too tedious (he's spoiled, bear with me :P). I had to drive him of with a good shaking of my water bottle, which he hates the sound of it (reminded him of his flea spray).

By the next two hours I completely forgot about the Photoblog since my dad was going to treat my sis, lil' bro and me to an MPH and Kenny Rogers' Day at 1 Utama. I bet anybody reading this RM50 that he wouldn't have given such an offer if my mom weren't out at the Old Ladies kenduri/wedding/gathering/whatever-that-old-ladies-get-together-for. Still, he wanted to get shoes, a travel book and didn't want to do it all by himself.

There was an Adidas streetball competition at the new block of 1 Utama so some of the roads were kinna blocked off. We passed a lot of sweaty guys in sleeves uniform and shorts lunging bags of mineral water in the shop corridors. The finals were at this sun-lit area space within the building itself. Me family didn't stick around to see the thing other than a 4-3 win at the sun-lit indoor arena.

Speaking of Adidas reminds me of shoes. My dad brought himself a good jogging type pair of Powers, not Adidas :P. He tried to make my lil' bro get himself a new pair, at least for the Pulau Redang trip next week. My lil' bro had always been prone to severe boredom syndrome and so we passed him my cell phone and let him out into the shopping mall wilds. But like all captive-born guys who couldn't shop well, he stayed right outside Bata's until we're done.

I couldn't detail much of the MPH store experience since everybody went his or her separate ways in the bookstore (at least, I did, at Fantasy). I couldn't find Hobb's First of the Farseer's Trilogy and so I got me no. 10 of Jordan's Wheel of Time. I'm still full of Zindell's Lord of Lies beautiful tragedy, but everybody's gotta move on, plenty more books in the store. I was tempted by this dual authors' work called Daughter of the Empire though. Does anybody know if the story's any good?

Lastly, there was a 2-1 vote with one neutral party for Kenny Rogers' instead of Dave Deli's. We all stuffed ourselves with 1/4 roast chicken each, all the while, I was thinking of the headless, hairless whole bird being defrosted in the kitchen sink at home that Mak was planning to cook for lunch. We called her to tell her how much we were enjoying ourselves and she countered how she had nasi biryani with all the trimmings surrounded with friends full of lastest gossips.

As for the uncooked chicken? It'll probably 'Die Standing' tomorrow. Man, this entry would have been more excellent if only I hadn't forgotten my camera :P.

Signed: *Ophie, with her PC in a metal cage full of venomous cobras as it bounces on a rotten bungee cord going up and down over a boiling lava pit in an Indonesian island while jugging three freshly laid ostrich eggs and typing out this entry with her toes at the same time.