In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Holiday Archive: The night we almost got robbed...

Location: Inside an average security common human habitat
Mood-of-the-day: 'My bones going creak-creak-creeeak!'

Well, I've caught myself a slight flu and I'm down under the weather. I'm sneezing at regular intervals and I can't laugh so much or I'll go into a coughing fit. Also, I'm prevented from eating spicy food and cold drinks. Luckily, I haven't caught any fever so there's no need for a sweater. This is such an evil, evil disease. Yes, evil I say, evil!! I can't laugh, I can't sleep properly, I can't eat my favs and I have to take only hot teas! In this hot, hot weather!

All right, now that the drama queen had passed, here are the top stories. Last night (or rather, this very early morning :P), somebody tried to rob our house. I woke up from a dream where our cats are huge, my sis became my younger sis, we live in an apartment, I sleep under her bed, pillows that bounce, chickens strolling around the kitchen and line up to get into this enormous microwave, (er, sorry, more on that later...).

As our alarm goes wang-wang-waaang, I heard my dad running down the stairs calling out my bro's name. My bro lives downstairs; maybe dad was trying to wake him up. There's a good chance that dad would be swinging his old golf club (definitely a no. 9 iron) to see how far he could whack the intruder's head out of the house. We had a couple of scares before, but mostly it was the cats chasing each other out of a small open window or when my bro gets home from his night shift.

Bu we had to be much more careful now. A little over half of this large, construction filled, semi-D areas are occupied, and 3 houses were robbed clean, two were failed attempts. One of the neighbours locked her family inside the master bedroom but the thieves still tried to break her door down. Residents pooled in to hire a guard service, but some were not very reliable. The other Friday, as I drove out to pick up my lil' bro, I saw one watching Malaysian Idol in his lil' TV.

Pak Fauzi, the neighbour whose teen son I pick up from school 5 times a week, said that two Mondays ago at around 5am, he saw two guys on a motorbike parked right in front of our house (his window had a straight view of our gate). When they started to pull down their ski masks, anybody could tell what's going on. That's when some worker guys from a house being renovated got noisy and scared the ski mask fellas off.

This scare at this time was real. Somebody had tried to break in through the side grill and opened the glass sliding slightly. I couldn't tell what time the alarm went off but since my sis and bro-in-law heard it too, then it must be between 3am-5am (they got home late because of a meeting/class/something). I never left my room because I still thought it was a dream and there'll be chickens lining up to get my autograph.

Signed: *Ophie, sucking down her fourteenth Fisherman's Friend sweet of the day.