In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Holiday Archive: Pokemon Distraction

Location: In a nutshell
Mood-of-the-day: Like a nut

Aaargh!!!

It's day 13th of my semester holidays and I've only written only 6 & 1/2 entries of my blog (including this one!). I was aiming to get an over 10 as to fill up the Ten Previous Postings as seen in the Xblog main page. I've done none of the Sudden Appearance chapter for Chaos Circles, still to do a Saturday Night Musings, trapped in one article writing and missed a special Photoblog entry.

Okay, I was just being dumb ass lazy :P. It's amazing that the very holidays designed to deteriorate your mind could also deteriorate everything else you got working with your mind (then again, that was the very idea, wasn't it?). Instead of being the blog active gal, ready to commit a round of reader-fun-friendly, I've been sitting my bum on this chair in front of my Windows 98 doing:

I'm the one on the bicycle!
Pokemon Blue: Lavender Town


I would have played you a lil' musical tune to go along with the pic but I haven't got a clue what's the music in since my PC lacked a Sound Blaster. In case you have no idea (or you were just born yesterday), this is de ye old Pokemon Blue for the PC by Game Freak. I got it from my cousin after they got tired of this pasar malam pirated copy full of knick-knack games that only few of them actually worked.

I thought it'd be a fun game to go along, you know, just to make the long days just zoom by. And so I played starting with a Bulbasaur, and played, and played... well, I'm addicted! I turn on the PC at 7am and got up to level 51, all before breakfast while pretending to be asleep. It was left it running after my mom did the evil witch act and threatened to throw hot oil than just cold water to get me to wake up and do morning chores.

At every available moment, I played Pokemon, even as I'm doing this blog, though not without difficult restraint. My Stupidity self is making my right leg vibrating up and down so much that I might as well make and enjoy some milkshake, constantly shaken of course. My Reason self, since there's no classes, quizzes or exams papers to bury her 6 feet under, turned the blog entry commitment as the No. 1 in all her To-do, Should-do, Must-do, Do-now and To-Voodoo-Yourself's lists.

Okay, so it's Saturday afternoon and I'm going to have myself a busy last school holiday weekend before I can finally post everything up and ready. Tomorrow is Chaos Circles Fiction Day. As for tonight, I'll be doing the Satuday Night Musing and look back into the previous week so I can pretend that I really did wrote an entry a day (of course, you wouldn't know which is which! :P).

Signed: *Ophie, still playing Pokemon though...