In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Weekend Blues (and Snooze)

Location: Follow the black asphalt road...
Mood-of-the-day: To blog, or NOT to blog. That is the question...

The first thing I noticed when I turned on the PC last Sunday morning was the demise of my lil’ Mimitchi. Arrggghhh!! The lil’ fella was just 17 years old (17 days old actually) and already a big spaceship dropped from the sky and took him away for a better(?) place. So what am I going to do? Well I’m not going to have a ghost haunting my desktop and I hatched another one! I’ll screen capture her later.

It still sucks that even after that trip to Megamall offers no success. I pretty much gave up on ever having an Internet connected wirelessly to my House. Last Saturday we got to the IT World shop (me chosen to be the one who get to lug the Compaq laptop) and the Joseph guy told us to wait for at least half an hour for the driver to be installed. Damn. But at least that means we can have lunch at the food courts.

Also while waiting, I took a visit to the shop next door. It sells PC games (Yes! Yes! Yes!). But all the games there seem to require a 3D card (No! No! No!). I looked through the RPG, and even those that could easily run on my old junk required a 3D card. I browsed at every little empty CD case as much as I can while the guy behind the cash counter looked as if he’s never seen a Malay girl in his shop before.

Well, the whole getting-Internet shebang was a downhill run from the start. As compensation, my dad brought some rambutans and mangosteens from one of these roadside stalls. The rambutans were great but the mangosteens were tiny. Either that, I hadn’t had mangosteens for so long that I’ve just outgrew them.And my mom too profited from her Old-Ladies-Gathering with some dessert munchies.

Last night, I watched the Tony awards last night. Not as popular as the Oscars or MTV I know but it was pretty interesting. For months I thought that a show based on the musical my dad had been ranting about was all boast fiction and the play doesn’t exist. Suddenly, there it was on Star World. A group of old Jewish farts in black coats and beards dancing a synchronized beat with beer bottles on their heads.

Though I might have confused Fiddler on the Roof with a reality show from New York. But I loved the way Hugh Jackman swings his golden ass to the music in Not the Boy Next Door musical. He’s sooo not playing that piano! But my favourite had to be the Avenue Q piece. About some down and out people and character rejects from Sesame Street living on a down low. They won the overall award in the end. Sure wasn’t sucks to be them!

Signed: *Ophie, who spend much of her weakness under the bedcovers