In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Monday, October 04, 2004

Guilty Pleasure #1

Location: Amaranthia, Laxius, Village of Xis.
Mood-of-the-day: I’m pumped, I’m all geared-up and ready to kick Evil’s Ass!

It’s official, I am addicted to RPG. There, I’ve said it, and all you readers of this blog please bear witness to one of the Things That Are Too Much A Part Of Me (heck, s’matter of fact, that the title of my next list!). Now there’s no shame in me to reveal it. It’s more than just endless mind-numbing fun, it’s living in a story, and I love stories (reading and writing). It’s the old child’s play of Let’s Pretend right up to the Out-of-Shakespeare Experience.

I know I should have made my own screenshots :P
Across the walkway to enter Animal Village.
But I’ve already got these!
This was the starting point, your home hamlet of Elden.
Besides, think about my poor, poor bandwidth!
Perilous travels to find the Lost Crystal Caverns.


Ahriman was an emperor demon that was vanquished Ages ago. The Hero you play is Talia. Something happened during Talia’s Naming Ritual and the answers were on the Mainland. Together with a knight/thief/princess/shape-shifter/mercenary/any three of these, Talia used her new-found magic skills to discover the secrets of the Prophecy before Evil rules again.

Okay, you’ve seen this before I know, but this is for the first visitor(s) of Suvon Reality. Can you see the smaller pic at the blog’s side-lines? Yup that’s it, I’ve dedicated Ahriman’s Prophecy as one of my Worldly Favourites of October. It’s not the first RPG I’ve dedicated (more on that later).

This wasn’t my own either but it’s the best example to show the game.
Fighting outside the Ancient Ruins.



Neophyte: The Journey Begins is about a boy named Thael who’s coming into his Age of Ascension. Vacmatio the Corrupted Monk has returned and he’s ready to gather all the Artifacts of Gorus, armour set contaminated by (you guessed it) Evil. Your job is to find out what’s going on in the Ancient Ruins that’s a little too close to home.

Just downloaded this shareware two weeks ago. It’s the first of a trilogy so don’t expect to do magic in this one. The graphics are awesome and the controls aren’t bad either, similar to old school RPG. AlienSoft had been out of business for years, which explains why the game play’s only 30+ hours.

Signed: *Ophie, which the entry limit for non-fiction writing had exceeded and will be continued in Guilty Pleasure #2 ;)