In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Monday, October 04, 2004

Guilty Pleasure #2

Location: Home, School, Online, Offline, Anywhere to get Connected.
Mood-of-the-day: Onward to Part 2!

So what do you think so far? Oh come on! You like to play games, I know you do, don’t lie. Okay, so maybe there’s some of you who choose First Person Shooters and Real-Time Strategy over Role Playing Games (yes, I do play Splinter Cell, Half-Life and Starcraft! Even without cheating!). Why is this a ‘guilty pleasure’ you ask? Because I’m not suppose to play these games. They’re addictive in their stories in their little walking GIFs and their colourful costumes.

Remember this Old-School feature?
You were strolling along on the 6th cave level and suddenly 2 stone-heads decided that they want to pick a fight with you
Actually, I hadn’t reached this part yet. Again, not my screenshot.
Yippee, that tournament trophy is all yours!


Laxius Power: Randon Story is the first of yet another trilogy (curse Lord of the Rings if it’s responsible for this phenomenon). A young lad named Random is looking forward to a Great Tournament along with his girlfriend/best-friend/drunk-friend/cat-friend/blob-friend/all-of-these, and stumbled upon a secret sect intent on breeding an army of (yet again) Evil. Complete with over 20+ sidequests this is a real gigantic RPG.

Aaaah, this is the game I’m still playing. It’s huge, even at my 3rd week (and I’ve dedicated 3-thirds of my waking hours to it!). The only lame part is the very, very lamest and that’s the creator’s original arts that he’s included at different intervals of the story. Draws like a primary school kid using pencil-colours (so cheesy). The best part is the very, very bestest (can I say that and get away with it? :P) is the features, some very original.

Some of these games are virtually similar because they’re made using a Japanese creation: RPG Maker 2000 (which explains why all the characters look very anime). It’s so popular that the Enterbrain company never made an English version because of the unofficial (and illegal) ones circulating online and still are. But we are a cetak-rompak society, right? :D

So what do I do on days when I DON’T spend my time playing these non-educational (except if your Computer Science’s major is Game Design and Development, which is more lucrative than movie production, I may prolong this add) lil’ heebee geebies? I read this list. Just to, um, pass the time, like yeah, you know, um, not trying to make think about a story into, like, er, an RPG or anything. Really.

Signed: *Ophie, working on her next Guilty Pleasure (won’t effect her studies. Really!).