In every Individual, there is a force more powerful, more mysterious than the inner workings of the Universe. Shaped by thought, fuelled by emotions, forged by life, touched by spirit and loved by love itself, it is the everlasting gift called Imagination...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Suvon is the name of a World that I am currently working on in hopes of sharing with other fiction writers. It's a project that has taken me quite a while. Right now, I am on a slow process at the first book, a King's Heir.

Monday, November 08, 2004

Return of the Blogger

Location: Back to school (AAARRRGGGHHH!!!)
Mood-of-the-day: AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Wow it’s been the longest ever since I’ve last blogged. A lot of things had passed through while I was away and so I’m just going to run them along. For starters, I think I did okay in my mid-terms. The pity is that I dare not to confide as much as I really wanted since one reader of Suvon Reality hadn’t the sense that an open journal maybe open, it’s still a journal.

Well, I’m back at school. I’ve finished reading Robin Hobb’s Assassin’s Quest. The story’s cool, something I half-felt like passing it on to my dad, but he had a stereotype against fantasy stories like everyone else in my family (save bro-in-law). There’s a mysterious dark plot into it alright, one that generated from the moment of Fitz’s bastard birth and continues on as he reluctantly attempt to do his fatal servitude against a foreign prince.

Another thing that readers’ might have missed is the grand opening of Dad’s koi pond. Well, the opening isn’t really that grand (more or less, a bit greenish IMHO), but they’re fishes swimming alright. I’ll get a before and after pic ready. It’s not as glamorous as other custom-made landscaping hired geniuses though, but it’s my dad’s small effort at a DIY.

On an unrelated note, my grandfather’s got admitted to the hospital. The old due with a proud Johorian history got a tuberculosis problem (aka batuk kering). This 80-year-old hardly had a sick day in his life (still drives his Kancil like Schumacher, I last remember his good days) so it’s no surprise that the extended family dotted on him to the point were his hospital table looked like a Ramadan buffet. Oh, and he still hadn’t remembered my name :P.

Speaking of Ramadan, I was happy to discover that I had a visible waist as I wore my new kebaya (it’s the one were I got the cloth from my Redang trip). Kak Liza de Tailor showed me only one other kebaya she had sewn that resembles mine (a green one, looked uncannily like the one I’ve first wanted) but I hoped this style would make it okay. Though since the style was uncommon, it took my mom and me a good Nuzul Quran shopping to hunt for a matching headscarf.

Still, I see in the near future that I’ll be making a solo trip back to KL soon. I planned to go back to Low Yat Plaza for a warranty claim on my poor old thumb drive. I suppose the 5-minute panic experience had greatly shorted it’s life-span as now it can’t be formatted. I remember plugging it into Dad’s Compaq to do some blog tinkering (and gaming, I would hide that) before exiting the hardware. But at the same hour I tried to redo the tinkering, a lil’ window popped with a format-your-disk request. I’ll extend that story later.

So I had to redo some 5 blog entries, replay Laxius Power 1 and do that project proposal all over again. A real cautious geek should have made back-ups of those files, but then a real cautious geek shouldn’t have screwed her own PC in the first place. Sis already fixed that problem though, but now the Windows got back to freezing every alternate time I tried to run an MS-DOS based program. It sucks damn bad.

Overall, this is a less than enthusiastic re-entry, I apologize as I was trying to fit in everything that I’ve loss (as you can see that I’m still in thumb drive mourning, almost to the point of pathetic :P). But do look out for more up-lifting ones tomorrow maybe, once I got some snapshots working. But for the record, it looks like I won’t be putting up printed Scenes in my bedroom in time for Hari Raya, but I can still try.

Signed: *Ophie, Getting back into the blogging stream